The Collaborative Discussion Framework is used at Kenwood Elementary School and was written by Minsoo Park and Todd Lash as part of their work in Computational Thinking in K-5.
- What are you trying to do?
(Do they have or understand the purpose?)
- What have you tried already?
(Restate in steps what they have already done.)
- What else do you think you can try?
(Brainstorm, encourage students to take a chance.)
- What would happen if….?
(Come up with some possible solutions and hypothesize the outcomes. Test each hypothesis.)
- Celebrate & Share!
(Take charge of celebrating one’s excitement)
- Self recognition / realization (solution / different idea)
- Recognition for other’s help? idea? solution? – Take 3